Friday, August 6, 2010

My brother picked me up at the airport in Anchorage Alaska around 930pm and it is still daylight outside. They are losing about 3 minutes a day now. The weather is warm and there are mountains all around us. We left the hotel in the am headed to Palmer and woops I left my pillow at the hotel luckly we hadent gone very far at all so we turned around and I watched my brother drive right past the hotel. When I told him he said he thought it was on the other side ***** because we were going the wrong direction anyway so off we went again. We had all kinds of supplies to get and we were in contact with the pilot to see if it was a good day to fly out. We went to the Cargo plane area and talked to wild Bill. After a few houre we got the gohead and loaded about 7 sheets of steel and misc supplies into a cargo plane. I was going to stay behind but Bill ( the pilot) said we could all go so off we went. It was a beautiful flight into the mine area. If you go to google earth and look for Busch Creek Alaska you will see what looks like an A that is where the runway is and camp in just down the gravel road. After a brief flight and quick unload and meet and greet I met all the folks at the mine and Dennis and I flew back out with Bill back to Palmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment